Ever since I started baking, I focused moreso on bread and didn’t really do much dessert type baking. I wanted to make some chocolate chip cookies for work so looked up some recipes online. I found a few and then picked one. I am not exactly sure where I got it from now (oops!). I also wanted to try making puffier cookies vs the really thin flat ones. In the end I think they turned out pretty good. It’s a really easy recipe too.
- 1 cup room temperature butter (preferably pull it out in the morning and make cookies later that evening)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (or whatever chips you like…peanut butter, butterscotch, etc)
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- Cream the butter with the two types of sugar
- Beat eggs and vanilla into the butter/sugar mixture
- Mix dry ingredients with butter/sugar mix.
- Add chocolate chips and incorporate